If you want your business to thrive truly, you have to make use of every content resource at your disposal.
With platforms like TikTok and Instagram leading the way for short-form video content, the time is now to use video marketing to get your business the exposure it deserves.
This Wistia overview will introduce an option you can use on social media and your own website for your video marketing needs.
Even if you’re new to video marketing, you’ll probably know that successful video content isn’t born from shooting a quick video on your iPhone and uploading it to your Facebook.
You’ll need tools and tricks to help you edit your content, and if you can use a service that gives you detailed analytics of your video’s performance on demand, why wouldn’t you? That’s where Wistia comes in.
Table of Contents
What Is Wistia?
Wistia is a comprehensive video platform that allows marketers to make, host, monitor, and measure the performance of their videos.
Moreover, this platform is designed to support B2B companies with their video marketing, sales, and support.
This is what makes Wistia stand out amongst platforms like YouTube, for example, which is not as comprehensive for business needs.
Wistia Key Features
We’re all familiar with the benefits of video marketing, such as:
- Improved SEO performance
- Greater reach
- Improved ROI
That’s exactly why using services like Wistia is great for business.
With the help of a multipurpose platform, you’ll have a much greater chance of getting the performance results you deserve.
So what features does Wistia offer its users? Let’s take a look.
No one wants to be bombarded with ads when they’re watching videos.
Wistia focuses exclusively on your content by providing an ad-free viewing experience to your audience.
No promotional content, no external ads, nothing… unless you want them there.
Wistia also offers users on the Pro, Advanced, and Premium plan access to a built-in video editor.
This editor may be a little basic, but it’ll allow you to trim out sections of content you don’t want and rearrange the order of clips to get a finished product to be proud of.
Customizable Video Player
You’ll also get a customizable video player. With this feature, you can customize videos to suit the needs of your audience.
By customizing the appearance of your website’s video player, you can keep your whole appearance on brand and help establish a name for yourself.
You can even create custom thumbnails for your content to integrate with your layout.
Wistia also offers channels that are essentially a place to showcase all of your video content in one place and make it look professional.
When you set up a channel, you’ll have plenty of options to integrate custom branding such as fonts, logos, thumbnails, and color schemes.
Of course, you also won’t need any development experience to do this, as all the resources are easy to use and all in one place!
You’ll also benefit from SEO-friendly embedding.
You won’t have to worry about doing this yourself, as Wistia will take the time to put your video’s metadata straight onto your page.
This will help improve your visibility on search engines like Google, giving you a greater chance of improving your reach and boosting your business.
This platform was made with marketers in mind, so it’s no surprise that Wistia offers users a range of collaboration tools to make life easier. These tools include:
- Time-coded comments
- Password protection
- Video proofing
- Permissions tools
- And more!
And, of course, Wistia includes the most important thing all marketers need, those sweet, sweet analytics.
Wistia video analytics provides users with built-in analytics so they can monitor the performance and engagement of your video.
These analytics provide a variety of useful metrics, including:
- Play rate
- Engagement percentage
- How many users load up your videos
- The number of visitors to your video
- Hours watched
- And more.
Wistia even provides a unique ‘heat map,’ which shows you individual insights such as where users skipped the video, and which parts caught their attention.
Wistia Pros And Cons
Wistia has a clear range of impressive features, but what are the pros and cons of using it? Let’s take a closer look below.
- SEO Friendly: Wistia was built with marketers in mind, so there are plenty of SEO features to take advantage of. Improving the performance of your video content has never been easier.
- Clear Analytics: Wistia offers users clear and comprehensive video analytics, allowing you to get inside your audience’s mind and customize your content to suit them better.
- Customizable Features: Wistia also provides many customizable features, such as flexible video dimensions, so you’ll have complete control over the appearance of your video. You can keep everything on brand and work in your own way.
- Great Customer Support: What’s more, Wistia also has an impressive level of customer support, so you can rest assured there’s always someone on hand to help you if you need it.
- No Promotional Help: Unfortunately, Wistia doesn’t do anything to help you promote your content. Although features like analytics and SEO tools can help improve your content, the promotional side is still all down to you.
- High Price Point: Wistia’s pricing structure doesn’t work like other hosting platforms. You’ll be charged based on how many videos you have on the platform, so the more content you have, the more expensive things get.
Wistia Overview – The Bottom Line
Like any business owner, you’re probably always looking for new ways to improve your reach and generate more profit.
While the power of video marketing and pushing out interactive content to customers is no secret, hosting platforms like Wistia aren’t always a top priority for marketers, but we think they should be.
With all the tools you need in one place, Wistia can take the stress out of managing your video content externally and give you the tools you need to monitor performance and improve business.
What’s not to love?