6 Months to 6 Figures Book Review

Last Updated: Mar 11, 2024 | Book Reviews

6 Months to 6 Figures

by Peter Voogd

Pages: 176

Get it on Amazon Today

6 Months To 6 Figures Book Review

I wouldn’t say this content is new. There is a lot of content from previous entrepreneurs but Peter presents this information in a way that just makes things click. What I didn’t expect was the all out assault on mediocrity. There are sections on building relationships, taking care of your health, keeping your energy level high, and developing an entrepreneur’s mindset.

As you read this book you’ll be like “oh that’s what those other guys meant.” After you finish, prepare to live your life with intention if you aren’t already.

Onward to the takeaways

Setup a lifestyle you don’t want to escape from.

You get paid based on the value you bring to the marketplace. Don’t complain and improve your value and skills. You will always get paid based on your value or your perceived value.

You are always the constant, differentiate yourself. Be slightly better than the day before. Only be better than a past version of yourself.

You’re always in control of your economy. Work on your skills and disciplines.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Masters practice until they can’t get it wrong.

Work ethic and hustle. It’s not the knowledge that’s powerful, it’s what you do with the knowledge that leads to mastery. Unapplied knowledge is useless. Be intentional in all you do. Realize you can’t take on everything. Choose 1 or 2 skills to focus on at a time. Set goals and gain clarity on what you’re aiming to achieve.

Challenge yourself to teach it to others. Most people forget what they’ve read an hour after they’ve read it. Feel comfortable before moving on. It takes roughly 6 months to develop a new skill. Be patient. Change won’t happen overnight.

Money is a crucial part of freedom. Money is an excellent servant but a terrible master. If you’re only driven by money, it makes it difficult to live life on your terms. If you want to break free from mediocrity, you must change your perspective on wealth and understand what it takes to create wealth. Change your habits and perspective on what’s possible.

Don’t let money define you. You’re confidence shouldn’t waver no matter how much money you have. Being wealthy is a state of mind but so is being broke. Who you are defines you, not what you posses.

Prioritize your profits. Figure out what the critical activities are and do them. Constantly ask yourself what’s profitable. Impact drives income. Time is more valuable than money.

Shift your focus from victim to leader. Stop thinking people are out to get you. The moment you take responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you can change anything in your life.

Clarity is the ultimate power. Get clear on who you are and what you want.

Reach out to those that have the success you strive for.

Don’t take advice from those who don’t practice what they preach. Be a selective listener. Take very few opinions. Listen to voices of value. Stand out versus fit in. Differentiate yourself from others.

Look at your goals daily. Think and act like the person you want to be. Stay on purpose and complete the mission. Only 5% of people write their goals down and they make more money than the rest of the 95%. Are you thinking and acting like a millionaire or anything else you want to be?

Insecurities will destroy you. Confidence comes from self esteem. Do the things you know you should no matter what.

Having unshakable confidence will keep you level headed. Your either helping or hurting your confidence at all times. No in between. Getting clarity is your first step. Then confidence follows.

Those you associate with play a big role in your results.

Make sense that energy is inside us and time is outside us so we should focus on energy. Energy increases influence over others, productive and performance, excitement, happiness, and so on.

Peak productivity is about dedication and awareness. You need to figure out how to work at your personal best, even when things seem to fall apart at the seems.

Almost everything we do is habitual. Habits become easier over time. Most people think the same way they did a week ago. Most people are not improving their habits. Successful people know that habits either elevate or hinder progress, which is why you want to be intentional on a daily basis.

Stay humble but never lose your hunger. To stay wealthy and continually progress, you must keep learning. Investing in yourself doesn’t stop when you become successful, it’s only the beginning.

Connect your daily actions with future goals.Have a vision to live differently than those around you. Take full advantage of opportunities.

Get serious about your biggest ambition and who you need to be to accomplish them.



Related Content